About Austin Skin+
Our Promise to You: We’ll Help You Feel Confident in Your Own Skin
What makes you truly radiant is positive self-esteem. Here’s how we support you in looking and feeling your best:
- We’ll clear your skin using only the most effective acne-safe skin care products and cutting-edge treatments – no prescriptions or overly harsh chemicals necessary – in 6 months or less. Our 98% success rate backs up this promise.
- Through education about the root causes of your specific type of acne and a variety of tools including a personalized home skin care regimen, acne-safe products, and diet and other acne-minimizing lifestyle choices, we empower you to maintain your clear skin and radiant complexion.
- Our products are all 100% acne-safe – so much so that all of what we use is our own special formulation for the Skin+ © product line. Every single product is tested for six months to a year for effectiveness before we give it our seal of approval.
- We are here for you! Let’s face it – clearing your skin and keeping it clear is a complex process, one that you can’t do alone. We’re here to help you every step of the way… and to hold you accountable to do the things you need to in order to stay blemish-free.
- Every product you use from Austin Skin+ serves a purpose, and we explain to you what each product does to support keeping your skin clear and in the best shape possible. Nobody makes a commission on products we use, so there’s no pressure to sell you anything more than exactly what you need.
Our core values: We like to get to the root of things!
Here are the values we take to heart:
- Empowerment: We do this through skin care education.
- Acceptance: Ours is a culture of warmth, compassion and inclusiveness.
- Connection: We are always present and focused on your needs.
- Commitment: We are committed to working with you to solve your skin care challenges.
- Teamwork: We are collaborative and support a positive culture that’s like family.
- Engaged: All of our team members are invested in your success and the overall effectiveness of our business.
A Word About Our Teen Clients….
We love our teens! Carly has vivid memories of being a teenager and skipping sleepovers and pool parties when she couldn’t cover her acne with makeup. Her experience is a big reason she founded Austin Skin+. While we have a 98% success rate clearing acne with our adult clients, tweens and teens can be a bit trickier. There are several reasons for this:
- Biology: As far as hormones go, puberty is one of the most active times of life. Consequently, the acne-loving combo of oil product and excess skin production is in overdrive. Genetics play a big part in this, too – so if your parents or family members had severe acne issues as a teen, chances are you will, too.
- Teen life is stressful, especially today! This also contributes to more breakouts and harder to clear acne.
- Lifestyle and diet factor in, too. Even if you adhere to our recommendations (and that’s NOT so easy when your peers don’t have the same restrictions), it may not make as much of a difference in the face of hormonal fluctuations.
- Any routine or regimen can be hard for a teen to follow, and our skin care routines are pretty rigid. Even a couple of missed days can significantly impact your teen’s ability to keep her or his skin clear.
So with all of our teen clients, we encourage you to be realistic: some of our clients see vast, sustainable improvements, while others have more modest success. We will be upfront and honest with you, and do our best to educate you (and your parents). Together we’ll decide the best course of treatment – our aim is always to get the best possible results for your skin.
Austin Skin+ Team
Carly Pilar, founder of Austin Skin+
Many of us suffered from acne issues as teens, and wished we could put an end to skin problems. Our founder, Carly Pilar, actually did. Her experiences with acne compelled her to become a licensed esthetician so that she can help clients clear their skin and sustain a beautiful look – without the use of prescription medications.
Armed with a medical background and first-hand expertise, Carly opened Austin Skin+ in 2014. Today she has a 98 percent success rate clearing skin without drugs, trends or a one-size-fits-all approach. Each unique treatment takes into account factors such as diet, hormones, genetics and the client’s existing care regimen.
To better focused on doing all she can to help as many people as possible beat stubborn acne, aging and other persistent challenges, Carly no longer sees clients in the treatment room. However, she remains totally hands-on at the Austin Skin+ clinic, personally training and overseeing estheticians and staff to carry out her proprietary, effective approach to clear acne and empower clients to keep their skin clear and radiant. Carly is also focused on continuing to expand her 100% acne-safe signature skin care and makeup line for products you can trust.
When Carly’s not at work, you can find her practicing what she preaches – leading a healthy lifestyle that includes tons of outdoor activities like running trails and camping in the woods.
Meet our estheticians
Lea is a licensed esthetician who has a tremendous dedication to using the most holistic and natural approaches to skin care and beauty possible. She thrives on helping people build their confidence and self-esteem by helping them put their best face forward. She also has over 10 years of experience working in the Natural food and Health industry and has trained in product knowledge with many vitamin and supplement companies. She is passionate about organic foods and plant based diets and has worked along-side many local chefs. She specializes in coaching and meal planning for individuals with food allergies such as gluten, dairy, and soy.
Lauren is a licensed esthetician and has a lifelong passion for helping others and making them feel comfortable in their own skin. Educated in the latest skin care tools and technology, some of her certifications include Microneedling, Dermaplanning, and Botulinum Neurotoxin injections. Lauren’s approach is one that encompasses all of the technical knowledge of acne treatments, with a compassionate and soothing touch. She is the ultimate skin care coach, always eager to share her knowledge of acne and skin care ingredients with you – she truly puts the power into empowerment!